This new and unique two year training will allow you to develop a new career facilitating deep process work or to deepen and enliven your current practice.
Healing The Shadow is an organisation devoted to facilitating deep process work to support clients in exploring and healing their shadows. This work helps people to understand their shadow sides, explore their fears and limitations, heal deep wounds and move beyond the emotional issues of their past to grow into all they can be.
Our practitioners facilitate powerful, safe and effective processes whilst standing alongside the client with humanity and compassion.
Healing the Shadow is a fully insured training school and we are delighted to be offering our first practitioner training starting in October 2019. This training is designed to equip you with the skills to become a Healing The Shadow practitioner and facilitate this deep emotional process work for individuals.
The training is highly experiential and focuses not only on teaching powerful and effective techniques, but also on each individual trainee’s personal development and the exploration and healing of their shadows.
On completion of the two year training a third year of training is also offered, which gives the additional skills required to facilitate deep emotional process work in a group or workshop setting.
Our trainings are suitable both for those new to working in the field of personal development and also those currently working as coaches or counsellors who wish to add these powerful techniques to their existing practice.
The Trainers, Marianne Hill and Rod Boothroyd, are well known experts in the field of working with the shadow. They both have busy practices working with individual clients and together they run their hugely popular group workshops and healing journeys.
Marianne has many years of experience in training psychotherapists and counsellors to work more deeply with their clients’ shadow sides. Rod Boothroyd is author of Warrior, Magician, Lover, King: A Guide To The Male Archetypes For The 21st Century. This book brings to the world Rod’s vast knowledge of human archetypes gained from many years of facilitating transformational process work for men.
Now Marianne and Rod have designed a comprehensive training which will provide you with all the tools and techniques you need to set up as a fully qualified and confident practitioner:
1) Training in the tools used for working with and resolving emotional wounds held in the shadow.
2) Training in holding clients therapeutically, both inside and outside the client session. We explore how your own shadows and the client’s shadows may play out in these interactions, and how such interactions can be used as a healing tool.
3) A complete training in The Five Fields Framework for Authentic Communication, a way of speaking which explores conflict and allows you to express your thoughts, feelings and emotions clearly and cleanly. This framework can be used to improve relationships in every aspect of your life and work.
4) An in-depth exploration of your own shadows. The biggest asset you bring to your clients is yourself. The better you know your own shadows, and the more work you do to heal them, the better you will be able to support your clients.
5) Techniques for working with the four aspects of the personality: The Feeling Body, The Action Taker, The Heart-Centred Leader, and The Transformer. These have their roots in the concept of the four fundamental human archetypes – Lover, Warrior, Sovereign, and Magician – and they express the qualities of the four archetypes in language relevant and accessible to a wide range of clients.
The Course Structure
The starting point is a two year course for those who would like to work with individuals in a one to one setting. There is an additional year’s training available for those who would like to go on and facilitate group workshops. It is essential to have the skills to safely hold and work with individuals as a foundation to progressing on to holding groups.
The training consists of:
● Ten experiential training weekends in each year of the course.
● Two personal tutorials each year.
● Recorded practice sessions between training weekends.
● Small training groups of approximately six participants to ensure individual attention.
● Ample opportunity to do your own emotional process work in the group and to explore and heal your own Shadow.
● A well held, safe space for personal development work.
● Teaching in the theory and practice of working with the Shadow.
● An exploration of basic counselling skills to equip you with the skills needed to take a professional approach to seeing clients.
● Advice and guidance on setting up a Healing The Shadow practice.
● Mentoring and supervision are available on completion of training.
● The trainers are highly experienced practitioners Marianne Hill and Rod Boothroyd who each have their own full-time Healing The Shadow practices.
The nature of this course makes it particularly suitable for individuals devoted to their own personal development work as well as those wishing to become a fully qualified and insured practitioner.