The starting point is a two year course for those who would like to work with individuals in a one to one setting. There is an additional year’s training available for those who would like to go on and facilitate group workshops. We also offer postgraduate courses in relationship work and supervision.
The two year training consists of:
● Ten experiential training weekends in each year of the course.
● Two personal tutorials each year.
● Structured and supported practice sessions between training weekends.
● Small training groups of approximately six participants to ensure individual attention.
● Many opportunities to do your own emotional process work and to explore and heal your own shadow material.
● A well-held, safe space for personal development work.
● Teaching in the theory and practice of working with the shadow.
● A teaching of basic counselling skills and psychotherapeutic theory to equip you with the tools and understanding needed to build a comprehensive and professional approach to seeing clients.
● Advice and guidance on setting up a Healing The Shadow practice.
Mentoring and supervision are available on completion of training. The trainers are highly experienced practitioners Marianne Hill and Rod Boothroyd who each have their own full-time Healing The Shadow practices.
The nature of this course makes it particularly suitable for individuals who are devoted to continuing their own personal development journey as well as wishing to become a fully qualified and insured practitioner.